Monday, July 9, 2007

There's only so much time you could waste on me.



Howdy! Welcome to the first post on my third blog attempt. This one I'm going to be pretty serious about, I'm pretty sure. It should be great! I've got everything a blog needs (not to toot my own horn). The only reason I didn't do this before was I didn't want to throw down money on file hosting. I think I've found a free solution (hotfilelinks.com (thank you Alex)).
A little about me, so you can get an idea of what'll be here. I live in Seattle.... man this sounds dumb. I'm actually not going to talk about me.
So I can't really tell you what to expect, I'll post songs and talk about music. Shows I go to, interesting stuff that happened... Expect hard work though! Just stay tuned.



Today I'll start with one of my favorite songs ever. My posts in future will be... umm i can't really think of a word for it, except better. This is just me warming up with posting.

Kind of Like Spitting - Birds of a Feather
I heard about them while browsing www.barsuk.com and knew Ben Gibbard was kind of a fan (Turns out a bit more than just a fan but friend and collaborator). Ben Barnett has such a raw style of songwriting it's a bit tough to swallow sometimes. It's the kind of music that needs your full attention (which is my favorite kind). KOLS's guitar licks are so ridiculous, they sound so easy and simple which is incredible because they're complicated and extremely difficult on guitar.
This song especially showcases a lot of my favorite things about KOLS. The guitar, the lyrics, Ben's voice... Solid, rough and beautiful. But not for everyone, I haven't got many friends into them, but I strongly recomend them to you if you like this track. Or if you know them, awesome, you've probably been into them longer than I have.
Unfortunately Ben's no longer music. He also played in the Thermals for awhile and lots of other bands but hasn't made anything since 2006's Thrill of the Hunt. I hope to hear something new soon, or just a reunion show.

Here's a link to buy one of my favorite albums.

For future refernce, comments of any sort are good. If you read I'd love to hear everything or anything you think. Just write me something.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Thanks for the link lol. You're immediately going into my blog-o-rama section. Expect to receive my 10 or so readers per day...

Morgan said...

awesome. I don't know what blog-o-rama is... if it's a feature. i'm such a noob!!!! ah.

Rachel said...

I really like your new blog. I might get one. I will tell you when I do get one.