Monday, July 9, 2007

Connect the Dots: Xiu Xiu to Harvey Danger

















So notice anything different? A new banner?
Yes! I made it. Do you like it? I do.
So here's a game I thought I'd try out. I'll connect a band that are considerably different to another band through collaborations, or things along those lines. Like that movie game where you connect actors by films they were in with other actors. I'm sure this has already been done but whatever, I'm giving you MP3's so be quiet.
So we'll start with Xiu Xiu, and end with Harvey Danger. But in the future how about I accept challenges, but it has to be possible. Don't name Beyonce and Yacht cause I'm pretty sure that's impossible. Think one through and send it in the comments and I'll do it next time I do this, with MP3's.
So here's the first one:

Xiu Xiu - Ceremony (New Order Cover)

Sunset Rubdown - Appistat Commander
Appistat Commander is a Xiu Xiu song which Sunset Rubdown played for their cover and remix album, which that New Order cover also appeared on. They also toured together and are kind of friends I think.

Wolf Parade - Disco Sheets
Spencer Krug is in Sunset Rubdown and Wolf Parade.

Hot Hot Heat - Bandages (The only hot hot heat song i like)
Dante DeCaro joined Wolf Parade after quitting the Hot Hot Heat.

Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticsm
Death Cab's Chris Walla produced the Hot Hot Heat's EP Knock Knock Knock

Harvey Danger - This is the Thrilling Conversation You've Been Waiting For
Sean Nelson sings on that Transatlanticsm track, and Ben Gibbard sings on this song.

+
Buy Transatlanticsm, one of my favorite albums of all time.


Wooooooah, 6 degrees of seperation, I didn't even think that out intentionally. OK so new rule, it has to be at most 6 degrees of spereation away.
Send me your ideas, but warning, I'll probably get stumped easily so send me something a little easier.

No comments: