Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wednsday Rarities


I don't like the name of this day anymore. Whatever, here are some not-so-common songs.





Wolf Parade - Claxxon's Lament
A cover of a Blackout Beach song. Blackout Beach is just Cary Mercer's side project from Frog Eyes, it gets mislabled as a Frog Eyes cover frequently. But it's really good. Wold Parade don't usually get this quiet.

Thom Yorke - Analyse (Live)
This is really wonderful. A really great stripped down perfeormance of the song, just Thom on the piano. It's not the best he could have done I feel but it still sounds pretty great.

Ratatat - The Mule remix (Z-ro, Devin the Dude and Juvenile)
Not really rare, but I just had to post one of these remixes. I've been listening to them a lot lately, they're just so cool. It's wierd how good this is and how terrible the originals are.

Quannum MC's Meet Jurassic 5 - Concentration
I found this track this year and I was so wowed. It's got so many of my favorite MC's and producers. Here's the list: Chali 2na, Zaakir, Akil, Marc Se7en, Gift of Gab, Lateef the Truth Speaker, Lyrics Born, Chief Xcel, DJ Nu-Mark, Cut Chemist, and DJ Shadow. All on one track!!! Jesus Christ. Don't worry, it does not dissapoint.

CSS - Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above (Hot Chip Remix)
I like CSS. I like Hot Chip. But the math doesn't always add up well, sometimes Hot Chip's remixes aren't so good (like their !!! one). Sometimes they're amazing, but sometimes... I get nervous they won't work. This one starts slow but luckily it's long and it eventually builds up and breaks into this really sweet groove by the end. And strangely it's less of a party song now, the vibe totally gets switched up.

No comments: