Sunday, August 5, 2007

Songs right now





These are songs I've been listening to a lot lately. I'm going to talk about them and recomend them to you. Seriously download all of these if you don't have them already. And that's that.








Shout Out Louds - Very Loud
I was bouncing aroud my bedroom last night, getting into this song. It's got so much energy. These guys aren't really special but they're real easy to like and the guy's voice is so cool. The chorus hook gets me everytime, it's just such a sweet melody.

Aesop Rock - Daylight
Ever since the Block Party this songs been on heavy rotation with me. I like to think this is one of the Aesop Rock songs I can understand the lyrics meanings. Again, the chorus is enough to get you. "All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way."

Sleater-Kinney - Jumpers

I'm pretty new to Sleater-Kinney, I've just been really digging this song as of late, and this album for that matter. The melody in the chrous moves mountains! It's so powerful and huge sounding. I just love when they get loud and start yelling.

Caribou - Melody Day
I'm a sucker for hooks and choruses, all these songs have been like that so far, and especially this one. I like when singers can pull off falsetto's without it sounding cheesy. Plus I really like the video.

Honeyroot - Nobody Loves You (The Way I Do)
Thank you so much to Alex at Be Kind & Remind for recomending this to me cause I've been listening to it a ton for the last month or so. I don't know why I like it so much, just the melody and the way it builds. It's super simple but it's got an awesome groove and it's really easy to tap into.

Cannibal Ox - Iron Galaxy
Vast Aire's verse in this song is amazing. I need to buy this CD soon, it's so good. And the intro, I'm extra fond of that.

Devendra Banhart - Long Haired Child
I've been listening Cripple Crow a lot lately, so I just had to choose one of my favorite cuts from that album, and this is it. It's got Devendra's witty humour all over the lyrics, which I love.

Antony and the Johnsons - Fistful of Love

Another album I've been getting into a lot lately. It's so beautiful, words can't describe. When you really get into these songs it takes a bit out of you emotionally cause it's so powerful and emotional. This track, not so much, but it is the song I've been listening to the most lately. Despite the lyrics, it's an incredibly uplifting song. It starts out with just that steady groove that's really mellow and it slowly builds into the soulful ending that always gets me super pumped for the day.

No comments: