Thursday, July 12, 2007

Song Feature: Somersault



Today I want to share another of my favorite songs ever. I thought this would make a neat feature, every now and again I'll feature an album or a song. Today it's Somersault by Zero 7.
I love When it Falls, it's one of my favorite albums. It establishes such a relaxed mood and really acts as an escape. This song is the big hit from the album, but for good reason.
If you're unfamiliar with Zero 7 or Sia Furler then this is your chance to find out what you're missing. Sia's voiceis so mezmerizingly good and perfect. She knows when to do exactly what. Her solo stuff is pretty good but when backed by Zero 7 she's unstoppable.

I'm going to offer up 4 different versions of the song today. All these different versions make me love the song even more because it feels like the song is endless. Each version is incredibly different and just as good. I hope you enjoy.


(sorry the Danger Mouse remix isn't the best quality. I bought it on iTunes so I can't share without you logging into my account, but it's worth buying so I recomend you do so)

Somersault (Original)

Somersault (Danger Mouse Remix ft. MF Doom)

Somersault (Hot Chip Remix)

Somersault (Acoustic, Live at KEXP)

No comments: